Friday, October 19, 2012

Diwata

Their gazes were locked in a look of minute suffering. Then a tender light came into her eyes and with a smile he placed one hand on the table, palm open and waiting. She placed her hand in his fingers tightened so sharply to imprison hers that she could have cried in pain. But she made no sound, her whole will bent in keeping her eyes clear of tears. Her face was pale with strain, and he looked at this face as though it was the last face in the world he would see before blindness set in.

- One Rainbow for the Duration



Today I went to the museum, took a long walk and visited an antique shop that also sells old books by local authors. Today I went to the thrift store and found some nice lacey back buttoned top. Today I cut off my coffee consumption but I had too much soda. Today I felt better than yesterday, but something seems to be missing and I don't know what that is. Today I forgot to buy tea again and I lost track of time again. And today, as usual, I smoked a lot and looked like death.

1. Speak The Speech: prose, poems and dramatic scenes for the student of speech and drama and the lover of the Spoken Word 1963. Compiled by Alberto S. Florentino
2. Philippine Pen Anthology of Short Stories 1962. Edited by Francisco Arcellana
3. The Artifial Silk Girl by Irmgard Keun (I bought this in a different store and it's the one I'm currently reading.)
4. Pen: New text of German authors 1971. Edited by Martin Gregor-Dellin
5. One Rainbow for the Duration by  Ligaya Victorino Fruto

7 comments:

  1. you are adorable in the most beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog. i love it. i love it. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you? I read your words and I feel you. I have not met you but know you from another life. I am entranced, siren. What have you done? Someday, my courage will find my voice and I will speak to you. Someday, when I am more me and less what everybody thinks. You entice me, for some unknown reason. Who are you? Maybe someday I will know. Maybe not. - Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someday - the universe has its ways - we'll meet.

      Delete
  4. I think we have. Before I "knew" you this way. Before reading your words. I remember you, you were out of place that night, the exact reason why I took notice. You're right. Maybe someday, again. - Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I just hope, when we meet again - properly - you won't act as if you know everything just because you read me here. That's my only request, stranger.

      Delete