Wednesday, May 4, 2016

In Red Wine We Trust



Chasing lost youth, chasing lost time:

Regina, I love you. In the rare eclipse of our souls, we soak in knee deep water, and it reminded me how once you gave me a bath because I was so lost, how you always harbored me in your bedside because I was so lost, how you always found me because I was so lost. Now don't do anything anymore, just let me get lost in you. Regina, I love you.

Sue, I love you. In the rarest of occasions that time allows, we cling to each other, like the night you were eaten up by mosquitoes in my tower because you were crying all night, the night our toes are in the sand and you were in my arms because you were crying all night, all those nights of  whispering and conversations muffled by teeth and pursed lips over our fathers, our mothers, strangers, and how we are strangers to our own selves. We would always run dry, but it's alright because you have me and I have you. Sue, I love you.

Beneath the heat and weaved heaviness:

In Joan Jett, we find comfort, in strawberries and chocolate we find the love.



 ;

2 comments: